[time-nuts] Courtesy and Common Interests

johncroos at aol.com johncroos at aol.com
Wed Apr 24 19:01:31 UTC 2013

Re: [time-nuts] S743 Marketplace Fariness Act

And again, this thread has no business being on this list so please make it
go away guys.  The only reason I'm saying anything is to encourage people
to just stop!

-Bob

 Really ---- Well I am not so sure about that.

In response to a query to the group regarding a possible eBay message as coming from a hacker - I took the trouble and provided an answer that correctly illuminated the issue.

Further since a good deal of the equipment we use comes from on-line purchases, both eBay and distributors, as well as private sales; I submit that this topic can potentially impact our hobby to some extent. It may drive some sources out of business. At this point who knows; as the bill has not yet become law. So I believe that some members may wish to weigh in on the topic with their representatives - but to do so they have to know that the issue exists. Since it may be of concern to some time-nuts I maintain that it is appropriate.

I do not contribute often here,  but when I do it is usually from my 44 years as a microwave engineer who did spread spectrum timing for the military years before GPS was even thought of. So now and then I just may have a useful idea that could benefit the topic at hand. Mostly my inputs are never acknowledged by as much as a simple "thank you".

The above is just one example of how unfriendly and discourteous this list can be. Who the hell cares if few bytes of text are a bit off topic? And who is to say that no-one can benefit from it. Lets lighten up a bit.

-john k6iql