[time-nuts] Sulzer 5A battery replacement

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Sat Apr 27 22:47:25 UTC 2013

Fellow time-nuts,

I have a Sulzer 5A, but no NiCd batteries. Buying new batteries is
possible, but would cost me more than the unit cost me. One alternative
proposed would be to build a Zener-based battery-simulator, to have the
PSU operate properly without batteries. Another would be to fit other
batteries for which the PSU would be able to charge and maintain.

I'm open to constructive suggestions.

As it is right now, I can't really operate it even.

Cheers,
Magnus