[time-nuts] Low noise power supplies?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Fri Feb 1 02:02:32 UTC 2013

Hi

If you are driving a spectrum analyzer, the 10,000X mentioned in the app note simply is not needed. A gain of 10X or less will get you to below 2 nv / sqrt(Hz)  at 100 Hz and beyond. A 10 Hz blocking cap does not need to be a "24 hours to stabilize" device.  An AD 797, a couple of metal film resistors, and a fairly large (say 47 uf) plastic cap work pretty well.

Bob