[time-nuts] looking for low-power system for gps ntp timekeeping

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Jun 30 17:49:27 UTC 2013

david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk said:
> I've built three Raspberry Pi stratum-1 NTP servers:
> and on none of these have I seen any USB problems

As I understand it, the problem with USB on the Raspberry Pi is that the
new/second version left out the current limiting on the power to the USB
connectors.  So when you plug in a device, there will be a glitch on the 5V
power rail as the empty filter caps get charged up.  So if you don't plug
things in, it should work OK.

You might also get lucky if the caps on your devices are small or you have
long USB cables or you have a solid power supply for your Raspberry Pi or ...

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.