[time-nuts] How are iPhones' clocks set under LTE?

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:53:29 UTC 2014

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 6:09 AM, Bill Dailey <docdailey at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have never done a rigorous analysis but it appears to be within 1.5s or better most of the time.

That is what to expect.  as of IOS 5 they use NTP but they look at the
clock drift and use NTP at a polling interval just good enough to keep
under 2 seconds of error.  Keeping the clock dead-on requires to  much
battery power.  At least this is what I remember reading when IOS 5
came out.

They "ration" use of NTP to maintain a maximum error
--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California