[time-nuts] Lamp for FRK Rubidium Needed

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Sun Aug 10 17:07:03 UTC 2014

How did you make the measurement that showed a 0.8 Hz difference? What
are the specs on your Racal reference?  When was it calibrated and
against what standard?  That will tell you how much confidence to put in
it's frequency.

As others have said, an FRK isn't a primary standard and should be
calibrated against a primary standard.  However, 0.8 Hz is an error of
8e-8.  I don't believe it's possible for a Rb standard to lock and be
that far off.

 From your web site you seem to have quite an assortment of HF radios.
Do any of them have enough resolution to do a quick check by using one
of them as a transfer standard? Measure a known-accurate radio station
frequency and then measure both the Racal and the FRK.

Ed