[time-nuts] Subject: Re: Oscilloquartz 3210 Cesium Standard

John Miles john at miles.io
Fri Aug 29 22:10:00 UTC 2014

Looks like a really nice piece of hardware, well worth fixing up.  You might check the hot-wire ionizer filament on the Cs tube for continuity, as a failure there may not show up in a meter indication.

Apart from that, the detailed troubleshooting steps in the contemporary HP Cs service manuals (5061A/5061B generation) would be very much applicable to this one.  The block diagram will be similar.  You could try measuring the beam current and SNR manually if all else fails; one approach that I used is detailed at http://www.ke5fx.com/cs.htm .

-- john, KE5FX
Miles Design LLC