[time-nuts] The Best way to Mark the New Year...

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 1 15:34:06 UTC 2014

From: Hal Murray

Do any TV stations carry serious time info?  (maybe on part of the retrace
info)
==============================

Not now it's gone digital, not to mention via satellite.  Here, the local
BBC-1 broadcast via Freeview (digital terrestrial) was about 6 seconds late.
Thank goodness for independent sources (well, almost) such s GPS.  I was
watching using the free Emerald Sequoia's Time program on my iPad.  The
program was NTP-synced to my own stratum-1 server.  Pity they don't have an
Android version....it's a good program, as is there more complex
Observatory.

  http://emeraldsequoia.com/et/
  http://emeraldsequoia.com/eo/index.html

Cheers,