[time-nuts] OT - Old Hatfield 2105 Step attenuator specs

Alberto di Bene dibene at usa.net
Wed Jan 8 20:50:14 UTC 2014

On 1/6/2014 2:13 PM, Giuseppe Marullo wrote:

> /I would like to know the specs for this attenuator, especially the
> maximum frequency, if any good folk has a ballpark idea...
> I was not able to locate any info about it./

I too have one, bought cheaply a couple of years ago on eBay. I tested its accuracy
with a calibrated RF generator and a Selective Voltmeter, both from W&G,
at a frequency of approximately 10 MHz.

Up to roughly 70 - 75 dB attenuation, it is reasonably accurate. Beyond that
value, the internal leakages dominates, and you can forget to have an attenuation
of 100 dB, when you set it to the maximum...

73  Alberto  I2PHD