[time-nuts] Lady Heather and the NTGS50AA

EB4APL eb4apl at cembreros.jazztel.es
Sat Jan 18 14:27:12 UTC 2014

I have a NTGS50AA working with the Lady Heather last version which
incorporate support for this board (Thanks Mask Sims).
When I bought the board I used the Trimble utility GPS Monitor (GPSTM
Commissioning Tool V1.5) to set it up and in the way knowing that it was
previously  working in Guatemala.  This program uses COM1 or 2 with a
fixed configuration of 19200, 7,Odd and 1stop bit. After using LH it
seems that it changed the parameters to 9600.0.N,1 probably using an
undocumented command and the board stores this configuration even if
unpowered.  But now I can't use  the Trimble program because it refuses
to connect, even it crashes when trying to connect at 19200 baud.
Strangely it worked a couple of times when I was trying to command the
leds in the panel but I don't know how it managed to change the baud rate.
Does anybody know how to change the configuration of the board serial
port, maybe an undocumented command? I have the manual but I don't find
anything neither in the LH documentation.

Regards,
Ignacio