[time-nuts] New NIST Time Code to Boost Reception for Radio-Controlled Clocks

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jun 1 00:48:12 UTC 2014

Hi

A thousand chips at $1 a chip is a very different thing than a thousand chips at $100 a chip. The next issue might be that they only have them in die form. The issue after that probably is that you really want the version 3 (or 9) chips that actually work with all the modulation schemes. I’ve been down the road with a number of similar chips that took *many* rev’s before they really did what they were intended to do. Many millions of dollars a pass times 3 or 6 passes is an whole different world …..

Bob