[time-nuts] RC TIC linearity correction?

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 26 17:22:14 UTC 2014

A random source will need a lot more samples in each bucket to reduce
the noise to an acceptable level.
To determine the relative bucket width with a 10% error requires at
least 100 samples per bucket.
For 1% error at least 10,000 samples per bucket.

All thats really required is a sufficiently noisy oscillator that isn't
phase locked to your clock.

Bruce