[time-nuts] Lord Vetinari wall clock

Mike Baker mpb45 at clanbaker.org
Sun Nov 2 13:48:09 UTC 2014

Time-Nutters--

I have been tempted to build a (hacked) wall clock
(after Lord Vetinari) that has an erratic second hand
that sometimes skips ticks and sometimes ticks
several times very rapidly but still keeps "correct"
time.   I would love to put one of these up on a doctor's
patient waiting room wall just to see what people's
reactions are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpqFU4SGe1Y

I suppose this would not generate the same reaction
if it were done to a digital (numerical) clock.
Hmmmm---  maybe if a "tick" sound were added...?
Nah...  Whoever heard of a digital clock that ticked...

See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpqFU4SGe1Y

Mike Baker