[time-nuts] Price of LTE Lite GPSDO vs Trimble Thunderbolt.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 22:35:22 UTC 2014

Hello Paul,

thanks much, we sent out notice early today to the folks on our list that
the Ebay store is up and running, and units are selling already. You can
search  for "LTE Lite GPSDO" and you will find it there. Your email was also on
that  distributor..

The power spec is actually ~160mW for the LTE-Lite module itself not 1/16W
(we wish!).

Please note that the LTE Eval kit has some additional circuitry on it (a
USB interface chip, a bunch of LED's, and two voltage regulators) so the
Eval kit power consumption is slightly higher than the LTE-Lite SMT module by
itself, but you are right having the entire GPSDO consume only  about ~0.2W
is certainly nice. We did use a linear regulator to go from 5V  to 3.3V on
the eval board so that is somewhat wasteful, but alas more  quiet.

Here is a fun fact: we used an active HP GPS two-to-one antenna splitter to
 test out two boards. One board was powered up through USB, the second
board was  supposed to be turned-off. Both boards lit up and worked like a charm
to our  amusement, turns out the antenna power coming from one board
supplied enough  backwards power through the splitter to make the second board
work perfectly  just from that antenna feed.. That mode of operation is not
advised of course,  but its possible.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 10/17/2014 15:20:51 Pacific Daylight Time,