[time-nuts] Correcting jitter on the 1 PPSsignalfromaGPSreceiver.

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Sep 15 17:41:04 UTC 2014

I found the schematics of the Mini-T output circuit. It actually is a
single 10 Ohms series resistor (R32) driven by six parallel 74AC04 gates.

Thus only a single resistor change on the Mini-T would fix the issue. Since
 the gates probably have about 2 Ohms equivalent impedance, simply changing
R32  to a 47 Ohms resistor would fix the problem.

Also, another issue with the end termination happens when driving very long
 coax cables: RG-142 for example has about 60 Ohms center conductor
resistance  and 7.5 Ohms shield resistance at 1km length.

So the cable DC resistance is almost 70 Ohms at 1km, which would make the
voltage across the end termination drop to around 2V from the desired 5V.
In this scenario the series terminated system would generate a nice 5V at the
 end of the cable after the reflections have calmed down (within some us).

bye,
Said

In a message dated 9/15/2014 07:24:27 Pacific Daylight Time,