[time-nuts] Austron 1250A

Ole Petter Ronningen olepr01 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 17:46:59 UTC 2015

Hello

On a whim I purchased an Austron 1250A off of eBay, "tested for power on
only". I somehow doubt they told the whole truth there, as the unit makes a
*very* noticable buzzing sound when powered on!

The sound comes from a relay on the regulator board, oscillating wildly. I
have a hunch that this might be because the NiCad batteries are stone dead.
Has anyone experienced this relay going nuts?`

Also, the manual gives clear warning not to operate the unit with the
battery pack removed, but gives no reason.. Does anyone know why this might
be a bad thing?

Thank you!
OleP