[time-nuts] Soekris without a GPS receiver.

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 18:34:54 UTC 2015

I think if you re-install any normal OS out of the box it will have the
standard NTP included.  Just get Ubuntu Linux then it will have ntpd
already setup.
Without PPS there is little point in having a GPS.  These questions are
best asked in the NTP mailing list.  http://lists.ntp.org/listinfo

Chris, I would very much prefer "normal" ntpd, but that would mean
> rebuilding the entire OS, something I'm not capable of nor, to be frank,
> something I am prepared to put the time into learning how to do.
>
> As I mentioned in another post, it seems that unless NTPns recognises the
> GPS serial data, it does nothing with the PPS.  At least that's how it
> appears.  As I'm sending NMEA and not Motorola format GPS serial data, it
> ignores my PPS.  I don't want to bother PHK with this as it's likely way in
> the past for him.
>
> Happy New Year!
>
> David
> --
> SatSignal Software - Quality software written to your requirements
> Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
> Email: david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California