[time-nuts] Newly acquired SSU-2000 shelf, need some advice.

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Fri May 8 23:49:11 UTC 2015

We have just acquired a used Datum SSU-2000 with a 2E (Rubidium) clock
and a 3E (TCXO )clock, as well as a PRS-45A Cesium clock driving a DS1
input card.  The system works fine, once I got -48VDC power run to it;
the DS1 input locks to the cesium, and the rubidium and ovenized quartz
locks to it after several minutes, which all looks normal.

The Symmetricom Monitor2 program shows a bit over 94,000 hours run on
the CBT, and I'm still researching what the other parameters mean.....
but it locked, and is staying locked.  So that's a good sign.

But, I do not have the administrative login username and password for
it, which makes provisioning it for NTP service a bit difficult.

Has anyone here had any experience in resetting the password and
username on these units?  My opinion is that pulling the NVRAM chip off
of the battery module (looks like a Dallas SmartWatch), waiting a few
minutes, and putting it back on should work, and I'm fully equipped to
do that (ESD-safe work area, DIP puller, etc).  But I'd like to see if
anyone has had direct experience with that before.

Also, I'd like to derive 1PPS from this unit; there would be three 10MHz
outputs (sine wave) available to do this, and so does anyone have a
recommend divider circuit to do a divide by 10 million and produce a
digital signal?

Anyway, thanks in advance (well, thanks for other things, too, as the
archives have been useful over the last few days on getting the PRS-45A
up, finding the Monitor 2 program, manuals, etc, as there have been
threads about the PRS-45A in the past few months).