[time-nuts] Acquired a Symmetricom 5817A-05Q / Power connector Question

M. George m.matthew.george at gmail.com
Sat May 9 02:11:54 UTC 2015

I took delivery of a Symmetricom 5817A with the 05Q DC power option.  The 8
port seems to be going a little less than the 4 ports... not sure on the
reasoning there... however I picked it up on the usual auction site for
~125.00 shipped.  I thought that was reasonable assuming it works.

Anyway, I'm not too proud to admit that I'm not familiar with the power
connector that apparently comes with the 05Q option.  I have a link below
to a couple of pictures.   Maybe I missed something obvious when poking
around on the internet for documentation, but I can't find anything that
describes this connector.  I assume it is stock?  The +DC input pin/wire
can be seen just inside the white tube... again, maybe this is obvious to
real time-nuts!  I'm working on that time-nut thing!

You can browse to the pictures here:

http://www.nc7j.com/downloads/NG7M/Time-Nuts/5817A-05Q/

Max NG7M
--