[time-nuts] advice for buying VCXO

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Tue Oct 6 22:05:24 UTC 2015

Hi

If you are looking for a temperature stability of better than 1 ppm, then the device
you are looking for is a VCTCXO. They are more commonly listed as a TCXO.
That’s because most TCXO’s these days have a voltage control input.

A quick check on the Mouser site shows 103 items that are stocked in various
stabilities. Running against a TC of <= 1 ppm knocks that down to 14 items.

Bob