[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt and David Partridge divider board question

Chris Wilson chris at chriswilson.tv
Mon Oct 12 14:08:41 UTC 2015

  12/10/2015 14:58

I have had my Trimble and Dave's divider board for many years and it's
on 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no problems.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CB4QFjAAahUKEwjr27ewjb3IAhVMVhQKHVmJALI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.perdrix.co.uk%2FFrequencyDivider%2FFrequency%2520Divider%25202.1.pdf&usg=AFQjCNHiXeXt-NZksvMBKYHfkJPf5mn_Fw&sig2=YJooGHWI_easGkSZHUVPJgThe
Trimble uses a mushroom roof mounted aerial. I have recently built up
an amateur band 136Khz station giving about 800 Watts into a terribly
inefficient (electrically very very short) Marconi T aerial witha
horizontal wire loop capacitive top hat. I have used the 10MHz out of
Dave's divider board to lock a master oscillator in my Kenwood TS-590
transceiver, which is the driver for my 136kHz amp, giving just 0 dBm
out. I have found when the TX is on at 136kHz the Trimble / divider
baord output goes wild and a clean square wave goes seemingly random
on my scope with noise. This unlocks the TS-590, blah blah.

My  questions  are,  is this likely to be RF affecting the Trimble, or
the  board?  the  baord  feeds  a  panel  in my shck with its vearious
frequency  divisions,  the  10MHz  output  goes  to the Kenwood TS-590
reference  locking  gizmo.  The  scope shows noise from a disconnected
RG-316  co-ax  at  the  panel end. Should I get up in the loft and try
connecting  the  10MHz direct from the Trimble and leave the board out
as  a  test?  Does  anyone know if a strong 136kHz signal is likely to
affect the Trimble itself?

Thanks.

--
       Best Regards,