[time-nuts] Good GPSDO on eBay?

Bob Camp kb8tq at n1k.org
Sun Jul 10 12:27:51 UTC 2016

Hi

The EEVB guys have been going around on these GPSDO’s for about a year
now. Lots of people have tried to get refunds on them. Pretty much every trick in the
book (replacement is in the mail …. need one more piece of information from you …
shipping clerk in the hospital with bubonic plague …) seems to have been used. If the
tricks work, they run you past the refund period stated and … poof … no refund.

We often jump on auction site sellers for some pretty minor things. That tends to
turn this into a “they are all crooks” sort of discussion. A number of these guys do
indeed care about selling stuff. The do indeed honor their warranty. They stay in
business under the same name for years and years. Those are the good guys.
There *is* a difference.

Bob