[time-nuts] does anybody have software for the DeLorme LT-20 Earthmate?

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Mon Jun 6 20:43:45 UTC 2016

Yo walter!

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 13:36:32 -0700
walter shawlee 2 <walter2 at sphere.bc.ca> wrote:

> here's a pic of the actual GPS puck, and the back FCC sticker.
> the front model number is just LT-20 (which I seem to be able to find
> zero docs for).

I see lots of info on that:

http://forum.delorme.com/index.php?/forum/21-earthmate-gps-lt-20/

> I will try your
> gpsd repository, but I don't have the right info yet to make it work,

gpsd is desiged to auto-detect everything.  You turn it on and it works
or it does not...

As this page notes:

http://forum.delorme.com/index.php?/topic/18311-lt-20-serial-output/

gpsd sends 'EARTHA" to the LT-20 and then the LT-20 outputs plain NMEA.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588