[time-nuts] Temperature controlled TCVCXO

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Sat May 14 00:46:57 UTC 2016

Thanks for this.  It is exactly the kind of response I was looking
for.  Based on what you say, it seems like a $10 eBay OCXO will always
beat an temperature controlled TCXO.

The varactor tuning range is going to be a problem for which the only
solution is a discrete crystal oscillator.  I wonder if there are any
non-custom sources for suitable crystals in a design like this.

I assumed that they used AT cut crystals with a temperature curve of
the same form if not the same uncompensated temperature range.  Of
course the temperature compensation circuit should completely dominate
that anyway.

I was hoping for something with a better risk for cost even if not as
good as the typical Ebay used OCXO of questionable heritage.