[time-nuts] And another Thunderbolt question

Mike Cook michael.cook at sfr.fr
Tue Aug 8 17:09:26 UTC 2017

> Le 8 août 2017 à 17:53, Vlad <time at patoka.org> a écrit :
>

> Hello Netizens,
>
> After the power outage, my TB start to shows some strange behavior.

   Was it a normal power outage , or lightning strike ? Mine just went through a normal power outage without issue.

> As I start LH, the screen shows like this (You could see the date stamp as Dec 1997_
>
> https://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/TBT0.png

   This is normal now that the GPS week rollover has occurred for these devices.
  Strange that there are no sat stats as the antenna status looks ok, there is an almanac  and it would appear that the date and time are being retrieved for some sat .

> Then, few seconds after, the date will be corrected
>
> https://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/TBT1.png

   This is normal . The wizard has corrected the bad data.

> And after another few seconds, I have a almost dark screen like this
>
> https://www.patoka.ca/OCXO/TBT3.png

 I haven’t seen this

> I tried to use ThunderBolt Monitor software to reset my TB to factory settings. It didn't helps. This monitor always shows me correct time, but date back from 1997. And its always no sats.

Tboltmon has no date fix. Again strange that no sat data is available, like the receiver is not reporting sv data to the application.