[time-nuts] Vintage Frequency Measurement

Alexander Pummer alexpcs at ieee.org
Sun Feb 12 18:14:44 UTC 2017

There was also one generator which you could tune to beat the frequency
in question the generator was a frequency synthesizer without any
digital part that was the famous Schomandl FD!  see here

      SCHOMANDL-FD1-FDM1 FREQUENCY METER,
      https://elektrotanya.com/schomandl-fd1-fdm1_frequency_meter.pdf/download.html
      there they have the circuit diagram and a complete service manual
      also,  the circuit was not that complicated

a similar Dekadischer Service-Frequenzmesser
FD100http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/schomandl_dekadischer_service_frequenzmesser_fd100.html,
on which I worked to was made with solid-state components
73
KJ6UHN
Alex
[Dr. Alexander Pummer a former design engineer of Schomandl KG in Munich
Bavaria/Germany]