[time-nuts] hm H Maser

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 23:24:55 UTC 2017

I have enjoyed reading the thread and learned a bit. But given some of the
other threads I have read on improving RBs and CS's don't they make more
sense for most Time Nuts. I mean the conversations in the $100K and above
and outside of being fun to read doesn't make sense at all.
If I had $100K I would buy a new CS or slightly worn and save the rest...

There is a very real aspect of the conversation thats very interesting. Say
you are building a maser thats as good as a C or maybe not quite. The fact
that it can be refilled does give the system a very very long life. What
opportunity does this give you in simplifying the design and cost? What is
the thing thats driving up the cost?
Hex pole magnets, the cavity....

Regards
Paul.