[time-nuts] WWVB & Eclipse

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Jul 15 01:33:42 UTC 2017

Yo Graham!

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 01:04:05 +0000
Graham <planophore at aei.ca> wrote:

> I have a CSI MBX-3 DGPS beacon receiver that I have been playing
> around with lately.

Is this the programming manual for what you have?

http://www.saderet.co.uk/Admin/Manual/m_mbx3.pdf

> but so far still trying to
> get anything out of the binary RTCM data stream.

You no longer need a GPS to get the RTCM data, it is available in
real time on the internet.  Of course it is more fun to get it off
your GPS.

You just need an ntrip client:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Networked_Transport_of_RTCM_via_Internet_Protocol

> I would like to be able to extract the data within binary data stream
> and am slowly working my way the RTKLIB apps in an effort to do so.
[...]
> If anyone has already gone down this path, please point me in the
> right direction.

I have worked on the gpsd RTCM and NTRIP code.

Feel free to contact me off list if yuo think I can be helpful.

RGDS
GARY
	gem at rellim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588