[time-nuts] Exciting news for the western US eloran to be on the air!!

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 20:55:21 UTC 2017

Quite the opportunity. 3 sites on the air and synchronized so you could
actually do real location tracking. What is amazing is the sites have to
some level been restored to operation. I have heard as an example Dana
Indiana was gutted.
Have fun and enjoy and I will be listening from the East coast.

The Loran sites at Havre, MT; George, WA, and Fallon, NV will be
continuously broadcasting from 0900 (MST) 20 June 2017 through 1200 (MST)
on 30 June 2017. The sites will be operating on the 5990 rate but
occasionally may operate at other rates. Only the site at Fallon will be
operating as an eLoran site. The sites at Havre and George will be
operating as Loran-C sites synchronized to UTC.

Regards
Paul
WB8TSL