[time-nuts] Using 5335 frequency counter for timing

David davidwhess at gmail.com
Mon May 8 03:47:33 UTC 2017

My Racal-Dana 1992 is the same way; its time interval mode is limited
to the 1 nanosecond interpolated resolution of the counter.

Some counters support time interval averaging which will produce much
much higher resolution but often they have a minimum time interval.

If the transmission line to be measured is configured as a shorted
line, then the pulse width can be measured instead to determine the
line length and pulse width averaging is much more commonly supported.