[time-nuts] Allan variance by sine-wave fitting

d.schuecker at avm.de d.schuecker at avm.de
Thu Nov 23 16:09:08 UTC 2017

The harmonics limit the perfomance if you want to find the frequency of a
given, sampled sinewave with linear methods. Thats at least my finding when
I built a device to measure grid frequency fast and with high accuracy. I
had to use high-Q digital filters for the fundamental. Their slow transient
response limited the speed of new frequency measurements.

Cheers
Detlef
DD4WV

<time-nuts at febo.com>