[time-nuts] Z3801A and Z38XX Issues

Richard Solomon w1ksz at outlook.com
Sat Sep 9 21:24:05 UTC 2017

I have a working Z3801A, it has had an AC Supply added to it and the RS422 port has been reconfigured to RS232.

I downloaded and installed Z38XX, configured both the Port and Device to the recommended parameters:

Data Rate:  19,200

Parity:  Odd

Data Bits:  7

All I can get, looking at the Device Window is:

Send     *IDN ?

Received

Detected Device  Undefined

I am assuming the Z801A and the Computer are not talking to each other, but I am at a loss as to what to do next.

I tried a different (known working) RS232 to USB adapter and get the same results.

Any ides what I can do next ?

Thanks, Dick, W1KSZ