[time-nuts] Effects of Simple GPS jamming on GPSDO's ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Fri Aug 31 16:04:52 UTC 2018

Hi:

I'm curious if anyone knows how typical GPSDO's are likely to respond to simple GPS jammers ?  Could the GPSDO be reasonably expected to go into hold over ?

The use case I am thinking is along the lines of:

-A commercial operation relies on a GPSDO for timing at a remote site.

-A vehicle with a simple GPS jammer (perhaps intended by the vehicle driver to defeat a GPS tracking system installed near the vehicle) parks near the GPS antenna.

I'm thinking one likely outcome is the GPSDO goes into hold over and when the vehicle moves away it exits hold over ?   This is all just speculation on my part.

Comments ?

Thanks
Mark Spencer

mark at alignedsolutions.com