[time-nuts] WTS: Efratom PTB-100 Precision Timebase

ed breya eb at telight.com
Tue Jul 10 00:30:13 UTC 2018

It's not necessarily a fault in the Rb physics - sometimes "regular"
circuit or component problems cause the grief.

I have three units kind of like this - "SPTB-100/LN-001," to be exact,
with 5 MHz out. As I recall, it's similar to the M-100, so close enough
to use some of its available schematics and info. I had a problem a few
years back with one that wouldn't lock, and found that a ceramic
capacitor in the VCOCXO PLL filter had gone bad - leaky, so it never
settled down. I could not ID the exact circuit or part because that's
one of the areas that differs quite a bit from the M-100. Replacing the
cap brought it back to normal operation.

I haven't searched for the "proper" manuals/schematics in a while. If
anyone knows of these being available, please let me know.

Ed