[time-nuts] HP 5065A A1 replacement with DDS

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jun 24 17:29:43 UTC 2018

--------
In message <AABPU9W4TAT4PDVS at smtpout04.dca.untd.com>, cdelect at juno.com writes:

>I've repaired a few 5065A A1 synthesizer modules recently and lets just
>say that they are not my favorite repair!

None of my two 5065A's have particular good A1's, so I don't know
what the baseline performance should be like.

I have been playing with this DDS (Hi Bo! :-)

	https://www.rudius.net/oz2m/ngnb/dds.htm

And it gives quite an improvement for me.

My plan is to replace the entire chain up to the 60 MHz with that
DDS, and do the modulation digitally, then put one of those
"geophone/optical" 24bit ADC's on the photo-sensor and close the loop.