[time-nuts] LT1016 as a pulse shaper...

Leo Bodnar leo at leobodnar.com
Sun Mar 4 10:59:47 UTC 2018

Not sure how calculated this - the PN chart for PL133-37 shows output jitter barely lifting off the input jitter trace.  LT do not say what their input jitter is.

Additive jitter for 100MHz 12kHz-20MHz is 80fs for PLL133-37 and 90fs for LTC6957 at more than 10 times lower price.

I would trust LT more but all this is still armchair engineering.  The only way to know is stick it on the board and check.

Note that PLL133-37 is AC coupled internally so not suitable for short sharp spikes or low frequencies.

Cheers
Leo