[time-nuts] RF isolation amplifier question

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sun Oct 14 16:32:52 UTC 2018

Corby -

>From the schematic it does not look like anything special but only a 50 ohm
in and out circuit with fairly high isolation due to the common base of the
second BFT66. You may be able to simply use a newer MMIC from one of the
many sources to replace the assembly if you know the gain. Get one with more
gain than needed and then use a resistive attenuator for additional
isolation. I did not see the variable Johanson on the schematic and there
are no tuned circuits that I can see, at least not LC wise. I would think
you could measure the Johanson by removing it from the board. Since I do not
know the exact purpose of the amp I do not really understand why it has to
be so critical. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS

89 Arnold Blvd.

Howell NJ 07731