[time-nuts] Still looking for a schematic drawing for Oscilloquartz 8600-3 (945.860.011.03 S/N 422)

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Oct 25 23:13:32 UTC 2018

Hi

One fairly real possibility - it can’t be repaired. The  tuning range of a BVA based oscillator is pretty
small. It may be that the crystal has simply aged further than it can be tuned.

Assuming the device is still operating properly, there are a lot of uses for a working “1Hz off” 5 MHz
OCXO …..

Bob