[time-nuts] A silly question ...

bill.riches at verizon.net bill.riches at verizon.net
Fri Sep 28 11:33:29 UTC 2018

This works for me:

1. 10 Mhz to be measured input to vertical channel
2. Standard input to ext trig.
3. Set scope for 10 ns per div. (1 cycle of 10 Mhz will fill up whole
screen)
4 Time the time it takes for trace to move 1 div.  (not the whole cycle -
just one of its sides.)
5. Divide these seconds into 1x10-8 using your calculator.  ( I set 1x10-8
into one of the memories)
6. The answer will give you your  offset.
7. Example:  If it takes 20 seconds for one of the sides of the cycle to
move, your offset is 5x10-10.
It does not take all day to get a reading,

73

Bill, WA2DVU
Cape May