[time-nuts] Garmin GPS12XL V3.51

Esa Heikkinen tn1ajb at nic.fi
Mon Apr 8 21:39:26 UTC 2019

> course, came up with an August 1999 date.  A quick "Google" found that
> someone is hosting a zipped Windows executable (apparently originally from
> Garmin) that you run when the satnav is connected to your PC via a serial
> cable, and it corrects whatever internally so that the date is reported
> correctly.  Works like an absolute charm!  The program doesn't say it is

Amazing! Now my GPS12 shows correct date again! Time is still not
exactly synced, but inside same second. Maybe it's display issue; too
slow rerfresh rate for accurate seconds.

My GPS12 was unused many years and had lost all settings. Last time I
used it in geocaching because it seems to perform better than smartphone
GPS in some difficult places like in forest.

--
73s!
Esa