[time-nuts] Spectracom 9189 no longer syncing after power cycle and WRNO? Anyone else have same issue?

David Howells dhowells at rowsail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:57:55 UTC 2019

According to Orolia/Spectracom the 9189 is supposed to have survived the
recent WNRO (Older models described here -
https://www.orolia.com/documents/gps-week-rollover-issues-public-safety-products/attachment)

"Testing on the
918x has shown that the unit is not affected by the
GPS week rollover in April of

2019 and will continue to provide the
correct UTC time and process leap seconds properly. However, it was
determined during testing that the
918x units will stop processing
time correctly after August
14, 2021."

Unfortunately, I made the grave mistake of having the audacity to turn
off power to my unit (to move it), and now it no longer syncs!

Has anyone else got a unit which has exhibited the same issue (please do
not power cycle to prove the point!)?  If so, I'll put this down to a
bad purchase - it's basically junk after 2021 anyway, but if not I'll
look to see what might have happened due to the power cycle.

Thanks, David.