[time-nuts] PRS-10 with 1 PPS IN goes nuts - 40 million degrees!

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 18 17:46:26 UTC 2019

Has ANYONE have a Rubidium module by Stanford Research, PRS-10, use 1 PPS IN, and have watched it for extensive period using LadyHeather?  I have 2 GPS, and they are different models.  It does the same thing with either one.

I have, and every time, usually within 24 hours, it send one or more wonky data.  LH interprets as super high temperature and displays it.  Today, it has been running for about 18 hours and just today, it told me it was 40 million degrees.  (did it go super nova?)  It does this periodically.  Then goes right back to normal operations.

I know when PRS-10 starts up, it sends garbage data, so I have to turn on PRS-10 first, then fire LH.  I also know when power is interrupted, it does this as well.  I have upgraded the connection method and verified all components are securely attached.
I've at this for more than few weeks and I don't know what else could be wrong.  I used two separate PRS-10 and they all behave this way.

Calling technical support at SR, I was told when PPS IN is used to control it via GPS, for example, extra CPU cycle is used.  But they have not seen corrupted data.  (which could be a lie - but I'm just guessing here)