[time-nuts] NTPD versions and roll-over correction?

Dave B g8kbvdave at googlemail.com
Mon Apr 15 08:55:32 UTC 2019

Hi.

>From what version of NTPD (on FreeBSD) would it correctly handle things
like the recent GPS week roll-over?

I think I may need to update things, just noticed that though the
FreeBSD 8.x box's NTPD seems happy (After a 2 year idle period!)

My ISP has royally f'd up, so I have no internet at home at the moment.
The F'BSD box powered up OK and seems happy, only needing a minor nudge
from me due to the mobo RTC drift over that idle time, and there is the
lower case 'o' tally code next to the line signifying the GPS device in
the output from ntpq -p

But the Linux Mint 19 box, won't sync to it.  (It is reachable, ping,
ssh and so on just fine.)

The GPS RX is a Garmin GPS16 device, so I suspect is reporting the wrong
year.  (Not actually looked at the data stream from it, yet.  Was busy
with other stuff.)

Thanks.

73.

Dave G0WBX.

--
Created on and sent from a Unix like PC running and using free and open source software.
::