[time-nuts] Do GPS augmentation services improve 1pps?

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Wed Apr 17 13:15:33 UTC 2019

Hi

As explained to me, the corrections result in an improvement in location and that’s is their
objective. They don’t care about any time error they might generate part of the correction
process. You could call this sloppy math. Without a time reference in their system, they
don’t have anything to “correct to” in order to reduce that error.

Simply put, if all the corrections get you to the right location by being 200 ms off (for all of them),
that’s fine as far as the augmentation system is concerned. ( = add 0.2 seconds to all the sat
clocks is not a problem for them ).

Bob