[time-nuts] HP-105B Battery

Joe Hobart nova at npgcable.com
Thu Apr 25 17:27:26 UTC 2019

Hello Roy,

I replaced the original batteries with two 12 Volt 3.3 Ah SLA batteries and a
string of diodes between the batteries to compensate for the different battery
voltages.

This is not perfect, but it works for about 3 years before the batteries need
replacing.  I used 7 1N4004 diodes in series to prevent overcharge and a
MBRF1045 diode across the diode string to allow discharge.  The SLA batteries
float at 13.7 volts each.

Be careful to not let the metal battery box touch and short the meter terminals.
 I used some of the original battery box plastic strips between the now loose
battery box and the meter.

Best,
Joe, W7LUX

---