[time-nuts] HP-105B Battery

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Apr 25 19:25:17 UTC 2019

Hi Joe:

I got a good deal on a Gibbs  rack mount frequency standard because the oven was not working.  This was a double oven
system and used a Bliley 5 MHz glass tube crystal.
It turns out that having a lead acid battery anywhere near heat (like a crystal oven) is a very bad idea since the acid
fumes will literally eat the traces off printed circuit boards.
This is probably a potential problem for any battery chemistry that can vent acid fumes.

You might want to remote locate those SLA (Gell cell or whatever name) batteries, i.e get them out of the same box that
contains the crystal oven.
https://prc68.com/I/office_equip.html#Gibbs

--
Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
https://www.PRC68.com
axioms:
1. The extent to which you can fix or improve something will be limited by how well you understand how it works.
2. Everybody, with no exceptions, holds false beliefs.