[time-nuts] Rooftop antenna and splitter

Denny Page denny at cococafe.com
Tue Apr 30 03:32:16 UTC 2019

Hi Dana,

The antennas were in the window, top of the lower pane of a two pane window. Certainly a better location that the antenna sitting on the desk.

There were several other units that showed similar behaviors. I suppose it’s possible that there was interference. There were 7 antennas in 3 different groups—2 groups of 3 antennas separated by 4 inches, and 1 antenna off by itself. However, all showed an increased “closeness” in tracking when moving to the common antenna. It’s not exactly a controlled test, but surprising nonetheless. Just out of curiosity, I may do a more controlled comparison once I’m done with the current testing.

Denny