[time-nuts] FSA3011 Frequency Stability Analyzer

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Fri Aug 2 00:00:49 UTC 2019

If anyone else has a FSA3011 please contact me, off-list. It seems to
function on split-signal noise floor tests, but has real trouble with
tracking and comparing actual oscillators. More details soon, but in
case it's just my unit, I'd like to talk with anyone else who's got one.
Only a few seem to have been sold; I'm hoping one or two of them were to
time nuts reading this.

Thanks,
/tvb

On 7/26/2019 12:02 PM, Tom Van Baak wrote:
> Yes, I'm evaluating a FSA3011 at the moment. It's a cute little unit.  > Documentation is sparse, the jpg plots are fuzzy, "customer" support
 > is nil, but it works. My initial tests show it's ~4x worse than the >
data sheet claims but it turns out the unit is quite dependent on the >
rise time and power of the input signals so YMMV. >