[time-nuts] TAPR TIC Upgrade?

Forrest Christian (List Account) lists at packetflux.com
Wed Aug 14 19:18:04 UTC 2019

The TICC uses an Arduino mega clone, not a Raspberry Pi.

My understanding is that most of the magic happens on the shield board not
in the processor - the processor is just there to capture the data from the
shield and format and report it via the serial port.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 12:10 PM Perry Sandeen via time-nuts <
time-nuts at lists.febo.com> wrote:

> Yo Bubba Dudes!,
> I've just purchased a TAPR TIC module.  Now the new Raspberry Pi Model B
> has just been released.
> So my question is would there be any worthwhile advantage to replacing the
> TAPR unit with the new Model 4B?
> Regards,
> Perrier

- Forrest