[time-nuts] WiFi timings

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 4 01:52:47 UTC 2019

I have several systems that have been running/testing ntpd for ages.  I'm a
pack rat.  Here is some data from the last year.

The blue/green dot is PC=>AP=>Pi and then back.
The box is the same pair of machines starting at the Pi.
The red dot is PC=>AP=>laptop and back.

100K packets for the laptop, 400K each set for the Pi.

The Pi is an A+ using a tiny low cost USB WiFi thingie.

My WiFi setup is anchient.  The AP is an Cisco/Lynksys WRT54GL.  The laptop is
only 6 feet away.  The Pi is several rooms away.